openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Interest in Volunteering With the OpenOffice Project
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 21:54:51 GMT
On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 9:09 PM, Tyler Kavanaugh <twkav@kc.rr.com> wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> My name is Tyler Kavanaugh, and I am from Kansas, in the United States. I
> would very much like to be a part of the OpenOffice project, with a focus on
> QA/accessibility, as I am a blind user who uses screen-access software to
> accomplish everyday tasks on the computer. I am aware that the product
> recently (as of November or December 2013) finished its implementation of
> MSAA/IAccessible2, and this has piqued my interest. Where would you all
> suggest that I start?

Hi Tyler, welcome to the project.  Others have already sent you some
good info.  At the risk of overloading you with info, here's another
resource you might want to review, our New Volunteer Orientation
modules:

http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/

For QA specifically there is this orientation module:

http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-qa.html

It has some useful information on bug handling and will lead you to
sign up for a Bugzilla account, etc.

Regards,

-Rob