openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [BUGZILLA] proposal for new entry in field Target Milestone
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2014 16:23:44 GMT
Hi,

On 05.03.2014 15:35, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 8:38 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
> <orwittmann@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> as we have created branch AOO410 for our coming AOO 4.1.0 release I would
>> like to propose a new entry for Bugzilla field 'Target Milestone'. Something
>> like 'AOO.next'. It shall be used for the solved issues which won't be part
>> of the AOO 4.1.0 release, but be part of the next following one. Once we had
>> agreed on the version number for this release this new entry shall be
>> renamed accordingly.
>>

> Would it make sense to have two, like:
>
> AOO.next.micro
> AOO.next.minor
>
> That would map to things targeted for 4.1.1 (work done in the branch)
> versus 4.2.0 (work done in the trunk).

It might make sense, but I think in this case we can name
'AOO.next.micro' directly '4.1.1' (we also know, what the next micro
release will be) and it should be introduced right after our 4.1.0
release, when a corresponding issue comes to life.

BTW, is it possible to rename an existing entry of 'Target Milestone' as
I had propose above?

Just my 2 cents.

Best regards, Oliver.