openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer <awf....@gmail.com>
Subject RIP soldep
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 14:41:50 GMT
I have just removed the unused module soldep.  It seems to have
contained ancient parts of the build system. I saw references to the old
build servers that, on Windows, had to be mounted on r:, n:, w:.  I saw
Perl parsers for reading build.lst files and convert them to XML.  I saw
handwritten C++ parsers for reading these XML files that use handwritten
implementations of hash maps.

Sometimes I think we should build a museum for code that has no other
place.  But then again, much of our code that would belong into such a
museum is still actively used.

More information can be found in issue 124316.

Regards,
Andre