openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [DOCUMENTATION] better installation guide - issue 124343 and issue 124400
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2014 08:36:42 GMT
Hi,

On 12.03.2014 21:15, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 03/12/2014 12:30 PM, schrieb Oliver-Rainer Wittmann:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Rainer recently noticed that our installation guides needs improvement -
>> see issues 124343 and 124400.
>> I am volunteering to take corresponding actions. But I need support and
>> feedback - I am neither a web designer nor a technical writer
>
> I can support you with the webdesign. Maybe it's gets a bit hard (when I
> read Kay's mail ;-) ) but I would try.
>
>> Issue 124343:
>> This is about the visibility of the headings.
>> My suggestion here is to make the font used for the headings (all
>> levels) bold. Thus, I would like to propose to change our corresponding
>> CSS [1].
>>
>> Please provide feedback regarding my suggestion.
>
> This is a central CSS file. Changes here would affect nearly all
> webpages. This needs to be treated very carefully.
>
>> Does it makes sense to make more or less all headings on our website
>> bold?
>
> No, I'm pretty sure here and there it wouldn't be the intended style.
>
>> Are there alternatives to improve the visibility of heading?
>> Should we make all heading italic or larger?
>
> Again no. ;-)

Such a feedback does not help as you only say no, no, no, ... without
any alternative suggestion :-)

> I would start with improving the text content. Then we should think
> about the formatting.
>
> What do you think?

Hm. We have issue 124343 for the formatting and issue 124400 for the
content.
Changing the words of a heading will not improve its visibility. Thus, I
think that these issues can be treated separately.

Best regards, Oliver.