openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Better visibility for dev builds (Re: [RELEASE]: Beta downloads and feedback and a proposed way to the final)
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2014 08:10:52 GMT
On 3/20/14 8:59 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> which builds exactly do you want to promote here and with what
>> explanation?
>> - build bots are fine, need no or only little explanation
>> - manually built snapshot/milestones
>> -- please no further page where entries have to be edited manually as
>> well
>
> Whatever is useful to our community. Anyway, the draft is online at
> http://www.openoffice.org/download/devbuilds.html
> and I think it's rather clear if one reads all of it.

I have read it and I see not how it can help for the release. Feedback
on nightly builds from trunk does not help us really at the moment.
Development continues on trunk and completely new unrelated problems can
come up here.

For the release only the aoo410 branch is relevant. Well I have moved
yesterday the SNAPSHOT tag on a proper version of the aoo410 branch and
the next snapshot build comes closer to what we want release. But the
SNAPSHOT build from the bots is Windows only.

I hope you see my point and we should first work on the basics.

Juergen