openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Deyla Jacopo <JDe...@Regione.Emilia-Romagna.it>
Subject the right Accessibility configuration
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 12:06:05 GMT
Hi, I'd like to help test accessibility of 4.1.0
because I'm testing OO with win xp Jaws (from 9 to 14) for an Italin Public Admistration that's
"switchin" to OO.

2 issues:
1 -configuration
2 - bug not opening OO

I'd like to know what's the right configuration for OO + Java in order to check it correctly
and give you feedback.
I've tested the official OO beta (see #2) with WinXP  Java 1.7.0 without accessbridge and
with accessbridge 2.0.2 (but I think this is no more necessary).
In any case, it works poorely, and I'm afraid that's because of something I'm doing wrong.

I've downloaded and installed both the yesterday's italian and english versions (1579169)
from here
http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/#w7ia2
but it closes in the loading screen (after 1/3) is ther a way to tell you what blocks it?
(starting in maintenance mode or something similar)

thx
Jacopo Deyla
Regione Emilia-Romagna
Direzione Generale Organizzazione, Sistemi Informativi e Telematica
Servizio Sistema Informativo Informatico Regionale

Viale Aldo Moro, 30 [203] - 40127 Bologna - ITALIA
Tel. +39 051.527.3113 - Fax +39 051.527.3533/3146
E-mail: jdeyla@regione.emilia-romagna.it<mailto:jdeyla@regione.emilia-romagna.it>
In your web projects try to:
1. Start with needs*
2. Do less
3. Design with data
4. Do the hard work to make it simple
5. Iterate. Then iterate again.
6. Build for inclusion
7. Understand context
8. Build digital services, not websites
9. Be consistent, not uniform
10.Make things open: it makes things better
*user needs not government needs
These are just the U.K. Government Digital Service Design Principles