openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to download your program?
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2014 15:01:53 GMT
I suspect that what the OP meant to write was:

"I was in need of an office program for my job applications, and a
search on google directed me to your openoffice.I had great
difficulties downloading the software on your download site:
http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html I could not find a link
where i could download this, only extensions and templates, while this
could be interesting they are worthless without  the main program."

(I have editted the above to add a couple of spaces only)

If so, then perhaps the autodetection was not working for the OP.

On 24 March 2014 08:10, Raphael Bircher <rbircher@apache.org> wrote:

> Am 24.03.2014 um 05:51 schrieb øyvind sørensen:
>
>> I was in need of an office program for my job applications, and a search on google
directed me to your openoffice.I had great difficulties downloading the software on your download
site: http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.htmlIcould

> Maybe you try without the iCloud.
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html
>
>> not find a link where i could download this, only extensions and templates, while
this could be interesting they are worthless without  the main program.So i downloaded kingsoft
office instead, because they were easily obtainable, but i had problems utilizing their program.Then
i did more (several) google search for openoffice download, and after dismissing CNET and
other ways to get your software i finally got a downloadable solution. I do not know what
i did or how i got there, but i can say that I am now happy with your software and have got
the documents i needed written and PDF-ified
>> I write this so that other can enjoy the benefit of using your very great software.Please
make a link to download <Apache openoffice.exe> on yor website.