openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 (RC)
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2014 16:34:07 GMT
On 04/04/2014 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> It is a clear release blocker. I agree that a second Release Candidate
> should be prepared. We can then do the right steps for fixing the
> process

So, here's the process as I see it. We had several +1s, then some more
or less explicit -1s once the problem was discovered, confirmed and fixed.

We simply keep this vote open until its natural expiration. Even if the
vote passes (i.e., +1s outnumber -1s) this does not mean that the
release must be published. Namely, the release manager must see if the
-1s are motivated enough to produce a new release candidate. I expect
that this is what will happen. So no need for people to change their
vote, send more e-mails, or cancel the vote: if Juergen agrees this is a
release blocker we simply move on with a new RC.

Regards,
   Andrea.