openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: EXTERNAL: Re: Extension Manager Add Crashes
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 07:11:48 GMT
On 16.04.2014 01:16, Steele, Raymond wrote:
> Why do you mention the Solaris Sparc UNO C++ bridge below. Is it related to the x86/intel
bridge. I am running Solaris 11 x86_64.

Ah, ok. Looking at the directory main/bridges/source/cpp_uno there is no
UNO bridge yet for Solaris Studio on a x86-64 CPU. But apparently your
compile got through, so in order to know where to tweak you need to find
out which bridge was actually used. Then you can adapt it to your
platform (operating system, compiler, cpu architecture, ABI).

As I mentioned the platform independence of AOO's UNO subsystem was
unfortunately not designed in e.g. by using plain programming language
constructs or using portable mechanisms like C-linking. Getting a bridge
to work was accomplished by brute force :-/ (reverse engineering the
vtable layouts, symbol mangling, calling conventions, implementation
details of exception handling, etc.) but if we're lucky a few tweaks to
the currently active bridge could suffice.

For an idea on what tweaks might be needed please check the evolution of
the related x86-64 bridges for Linux, FreeBSD or MacOSX.

Herbert