openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Anything we can do about premature redistribution?
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2014 23:37:04 GMT
On 22/04/2014 Roberto Galoppini wrote:
>> http://www.openoffice.org/download/devbuilds.html
> Andrea are you saying we should re-route RCs download requests coming from
> all referrals (but openoffice.org and sourceforge.net) to that page?

That would be the proposal, yes. Add apache.org to the whitelisted
referrals.

> Please confirm my understand is correct and provide me with the exact
> directory/files so that I can ask our SiteOps to implement that right away

I don't think we already have the files online. The files to be
redirected are the Release Candidates, and I may be wrong but I assume
that RC4 is not yet on SourceForge and will be uploaded during or
immediately after the vote. During this period (lasting a few days) we
don't want to allow downloads until we send out the official release
news. Reason: we may (and we did it already) decide to push a
last-minute fix even when a release has been approved but is not
distributed yet.

Regards,
   Andrea.