openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Adding "from SourceForge" to download page
Date Sun, 27 Apr 2014 17:32:29 GMT
Am 04/27/2014 01:25 PM, schrieb Tal Daniel:
> +1 for Rob's idea to minimize links from the download page;
> Especially the links on the right column.
>
> We can make some HTML sketches for this, and here's an idea (I hope you'll
> see the formatting) to open download in a new tab, and move all links to
> appear below the download link. E.g.,
>
> *Download **Apache OpenOffice 4.0.1 *for Linux 64-bit (RPM) and Deutsch
> from Sourceforge.net, ~175 MB | Last updated: 2013-Oct-01
> Need *another version*?

It's not possible/suitable to have more than 1 link in the green box.
That's the reason why we have a little one below the big one.

BTW:
I'm working on a new solution for the "Need another version?" problem. ;-)

> *While you download... *(shown only after a click?)
> links/info about extensions, templates,
> how to participate/help OpenOffice,
> how to stay updated,

That means only when someone is downloading the software he can see the
links? Doesn't make sense to me.

Better would be to re-think which links can be moved to another place
where they make more sense or to deleted some completely.

Marcus