openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject [DOWNLOAD][PROPOSAL] How to download another version than offered in the green box?
Date Sun, 27 Apr 2014 18:19:22 GMT
Hi all,

while enjoying the Easter time I made some progress about a long-term
problem:

- Downloading the offered file via the green box is fast and easy
- Downloading a different file than the offered is not

Via the big table on the "other.html" is now easy to maintain for us but
has no improvement for the user as it is large and complex.

Therefore I've thought of making another offer directly on the main
download webpage:

http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index_droplist.html

Please don't look too close to look & feel - sure the grey color is not
the best one ;-) - this can and will be improved for sure.

For now please have a look for the functionality via the drop-down boxes
and the then created links below them.

What do you think? is this a direction we can/should go in general?
Or do you have complete different thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Marcus