openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [DOWNLOAD][PROPOSAL] How to download another version than offered in the green box?
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 20:58:32 GMT
Am 04/28/2014 10:30 PM, schrieb Tal Daniel:
> On Mon, Apr 28, Marcus wrote:
>
>> Am 04/28/2014 06:00 PM, schrieb Tal Daniel:
>>
>>> [...]Looks nice and more compact, Marcus. [...] I'd like to suggest to
>>>>
>>> line "Choose an OS, then the language" in the gray box, which you added
>>>

>> This sounds like you suggest to combine the green and grey box. Do I
>> understand it right?
>

> No, just thought to remove texts that are too trivial/obvious.
> Combining the boxes, as others suggest, could work too, if you're afraid
> that people won't find the "download other versions" link.

Ah, understood, I added this because I thought of the opposite. ;-)
And to make clear to first choose an OS, then a language because it
didn't worked the other way around. But I've removed it for now.

As suggested I can try to activate the next droplist only when the
previous one is filled. Then the text is indeed no longer needed.

Regarding the text in the green box, this should be kept as I've
recently added "(hosted by Sourceforge.net)" [1].

This is to make sure that the users know that the download finally comes
not from an OpenOffice or Apache server but by our hosting partner
Sourceforge.

I would like to give this a try for some weeks to see if we still get
complains or not.

[1] See the mail tread "Adding "from SourceForge" to download page" a
few days ago)

Marcus