openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject How to update, commit and publish only a single file/directory? [WAS: Re: need wiki help]
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 18:52:05 GMT
Am 04/29/2014 03:45 PM, schrieb J├╝rgen Schmidt:
> Keep in mind that when you publish a page all pending changes will be
> published as well. It is no local update of your changes only. Just as
> reminder, it's a not so nice side effect of the CMS

It seems this wonderful feature is unknown. So let me explain how to
publish only your updates: :-)

The main point is *where you are* in the CMS Browse View when you click
on the "Update" link.

Example to update and publish only a file:

1. In your browser open, e.g.,
    "www.openoffice.org/my-dir/my-subdir/index.html".
2. Open the CMS via the bookmarklet.
3. Click on the link "[Edit]" in the row of the "index.html" file.
4. Click on the link "[Update]".
5. Do your changes in the file.
6. Commit your changes.
7. On the following page click on the link "[Publish]".

Now only the changed "index.html" file is published.

Why? Because you have only updated this file in your local workspace
repository on the Apache CMS server [1].

Example to update and publish only the content of a specific sub-dir:

1. In your browser open, e.g.,
    "www.openoffice.org/my-dir/my-subdir/".
2. Open the CMS via the bookmarklet.
3. Click on the link "[Update this directory]".
4. Do your changes in one or more files.
5. Commit your changes.
6. On the following page click on the link "[Publish]".

Now only the changed files in this directory are published.

Why? Because you have only updated this drectory in your local workspace
repository on the Apache CMS server [1].

[1] You can see your local repo on the top right. Example:
marcus-<random> > trunk > content > download > index.html

HTH

Marcus