openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][RELEASE]: remove 4.1.0 beta from Sourceforge and from Aapche dist
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2014 18:19:24 GMT
On 30/04/2014 Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 04/30/2014 09:33 AM, schrieb J├╝rgen Schmidt:
>> removing 4.1 Beta from dist is natural but I would like to propose that
>> we drop remove the 4.1 beta from the SF server as well.
>> Any opinions?
> a beta (or any other pre-release build) has a defined date of expiry and
> shouldn't be used after this.
> So +1 to delete from every mirror server.

I agree we should remove it both from dist and from SF.

> *Maybe* we can save it (or just a few files) on the archive for
> historical reasons. ;-)

We voted on 4.1.0-beta. This makes it a release we should archive. Our
archive at
http://archive.apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.1.0-beta/
already has the source and all checksums. Binary files are missing. They
should be moved there too for completeness. And then we can forget about
the beta.

Regards,
   Andrea.