openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Steele, Raymond" <raymond.ste...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: EXTERNAL: Re: Extension Manager Add Crashes
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 20:15:01 GMT
Ariel,

In the bug quoted below, there is a mention of testtool/unxlngi4.pro/lib/bridgetest_inprocess
which seems to have been used to diagnose/fix the related issue. Do you or anyone else know
how to use this tool?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ariel Constenla-Haile [mailto:arielch@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2014 2:58 PM
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: EXTERNAL: Re: Extension Manager Add Crashes

This e-mail message contained a file attachment that was blocked per Lockheed Martin Corporate
Information Security Requirements.  Certain file types are being blocked from entering Lockheed
Martin in order to minimize risk to Corporate computing and information resources.

If a business need exists and you must receive this file, alternate methods have been approved
for use by Corporate Information Security for receipt and review of files/attachments.  For
more information and options for handling blocked attachments, visit E-mail Attachment Security,
at
    http://protection.global.lmco.com/protection/isafe/topics.e-attachments.cfm

The current list of allowed attachment types is located at:
    http://protection.global.lmco.com/protection/awareness/e-msging/allowed_attachments.cfm

If additional assistance is required, please contact the Lockheed Martin Service Desk at 1-800-435-7063.

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 07:31:39PM +0000, Steele, Raymond wrote:
> I am cross posting here since I am not getting  much traction on the
> dev list and it appears it may be API related. I have an add-on that I
> developed using the Netbeans Openiffice module. This .oxt file works
> fine on AOO 3.3, but since I switched to AOO 4.0.1 and after a
> recompile, the Extension Manager will not take my add-on (see below
> please). However, the extension manager will take the module located
> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/english-dictionaries-apach
> e-openoffice
>
> Is there anything that the new AOO needs configured within the .oxt
> that was not needed in 3.3? Any help would be great!

You don't mention from where you got that AOO 4 for Solaris; nobody here builds on Solaris,
so all that strange crashes you mention on your mails sound like a broken bridge on that platform
(and that's where the bug you quote in one of your mails is pointing to, but in that case
to a broken bridge after a GCC version update on Linux).

That said, I know nothing about the bridge related code, so sorry I cannot help.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina