openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] urgent request - activation of Update Notification for our AOO 4.1.0 release
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2014 13:57:24 GMT
On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 9:25 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
<orwittmann@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have committed new Update XML feeds.
> Update notifications for Mac OS X OpenOffice installed instances are now
> deactivated due to a oversight on my side.
>
> As I would like to consider the change in the supported architecture I will
> work on a solution in the next days.

One possible solution:  For the Mac OS update notifications, instead
of sending the user to the download page, send them to a special Mac
upgrade page.  That page can explain that there is a new 4.1 release
but it has a new prereq for OS X Lion.  This would be a very simple,
uncluttered page.  Then it would have a link that says something like
"I have OS X 10.6 or above", which would then take them to the
download site.

If we keep it simple it could easily be translated for the native
language sites.

-Rob