openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Lino <pedl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: propose AOO 4.1.0 RC
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 07:13:26 GMT
Hi all

First of all I would like to say that I'm *really* happy that update
patches have arrived for the Windows OS. I was almost sure that I would
never see this in a StarOffice derivative. Kudos to the AOO developers!

I have installed scenario 2 (- Upgrade install 4.1.0 over an existing
4.0.1) with en_US and PT under Windows XP Pro x86 SP3 en_US.

Overall everything seems to be working perfectly but there is a small
quirk: the Startup Group for 4.0.1 is not removed so you end up with two
startup groups with different names pointing at the same folder.

In addition the OpenOffice logo shows on the 4.0.1 group but not on the
4.1.0.

I know these are small cosmetic problems but could be confusing for users.

I can create a bugzilla report if necessary.

Regards,
Pedro

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 7:43 AM, Yuzhen Fan <fanyuzhen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Steve for your verification on installation of new package on en_US.
>
> From testing perspective:
> 1. The repackage changes nothing on functions, so previous and ongoing
> tests are still valid and there is no need for retesting.
> 2. But we need to retest the installation for below two typical scenarios
> on all language packages
> - Clean install 4.1.0 with no existing versions(e.g. 4.0.1)
> - Upgrade install 4.1.0 over an existing 4.0.1
>

> On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 2:09 PM, Steve Yin <steve.yin.aoo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > No problem found.
> >

> > On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Steve Yin <steve.yin.aoo@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > It's great to hear that. I am going to try the new package now.

> > patches
> > The
> overseen a
> have