openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: propose a AOO 4.1.1 bugfix release as next release
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2014 18:07:41 GMT
Am 06/05/2014 02:13 PM, schrieb J├╝rgen Schmidt:
> Hi,
>
> over the last weeks we have seen some bugs that seems to be serious
> enough to provide a AOO 4.1.1 bugfix release. Well this is at least my
> opinion and I would like to volunteer again to manage such a bugfix
> release as acting release manager.
>
> The issue 124985 [1] can be seen as a meta issue where we have started
> to collect potential candidates for a AOO 4.1.1 bugfix release.
>
> If nobody has bigger concerns or arguments against such a bugfix release
> we can continue with a more detailed planning, like schedule,
> milestones, QA, detailed selection/proposing of blocker issues etc.

OK, then I'll publish my suggestion for a detailed release plan tomorrow
or Saturday.

> I would like to keep the effort minimal because the main work should go
> into a future release 4.2? It really depends what we can achieve when,
> you all noticed the ongoing OOXML project that we drive and we will not
> enable this work when we are not satisfied that it is a good alternative
> and replacement for what we have today ;-)
>
> But before we continue I would like to hear other opinions.

+1.

When I look only on the severity with the picture lost/crashes problem
and the number of issues for the mouse scrolling problem on Mac, then a
bugfix release is worthwhile. And when more issues could be fixed even
better.

Marcus