openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [DOWNLOAD][PROPOSAL] How to download another version than offered in the green box?
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2014 22:38:03 GMT
Am 06/05/2014 01:03 PM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
> On 30/05/2014 Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>> The both download buttons have now a hover over effect. They are
>> displayed inverted.
>> So, what do think is better as permanent design?
>> Light background, dark border, dark text
>
> This is highly subjective, but this version looks nicer. It's a bit
> confusing to see both buttons change color when one hovers on one of
> them, so I would be for removing the hovering effect on buttons (still
> keep it on the outer div) and have them always in the "dark text light
> background" version.

sure both buttons should react independent of each other. I've fixed this.

Regarding the styling, this is indeed really a question of taste. To see
the difference maybe better, I've styled both buttons different.

@All:
Please look again and decide then. I would go with the majority of opinions.

> For the rest, really impressive improvements!

Thanks.

> Of course there are some unavoidable issues (like Mac-32 Hebrew 4.1.0
> recommends 4.0.1 that sends you back to the former choice instead of
> sending you to the Mac-64 version), but the user experience is better
> than the current one.

Just to let this not uncommented:
It is possible to catch also this and other special cases. But it would
increase the complexity of the scripting. And I want to avoid this.

> I wouldn't offer version 3.4.1 from that page (so keep it as it is).

I see the argument that it is the last stable release of the 3.x series.
So, could make sense to have it in the version list instead of pointing
somewhere to the archive.

Marcus