openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Tal Daniel <tal.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HOMEPAGE] Limited the height of the area for blog posts and news
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2014 07:44:51 GMT
On Fri, May 30, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

> http://www.openoffice.org/index.html
>
> There was always the complain from some of you that the blog posts and
> news articles on the right hand side are too long and the user has to
> scroll too long to the bottom to see everything.
>
> Now I've limited this. [...]
>
> Marcus, personally, I don't think that replacing 1 scolling of content
with 2 scrolling content areas solve anything; it makes reading only harder.

As an alternative solution I suggest that in the future, blog posts would
be limited to the latest 2-3 blog posts, or moved to the area below the
main page buttons.

If you still want to use the content boxes that you created, I'd move the
titles OUT of the boxed areas (i.e. Recent news), add space between the
boxes.

Tal