openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Amali Praveena Soban Kumar <samaliprave...@yahoo.com.au>
Subject Re: successful build in ubuntu Linux 14.04
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2014 22:24:37 GMT
Hi Andrea,
> so I didn't downgrade 4.9 to 4.8: I've always been on 4.8. Did you have
> issues with 4.9 because you had explicitly upgraded to 4.9? Even after
> updating all packages I'm still on 4.8.
yes, I think I explicitly upgraded to 4.9 to check some compiler option. The issue 125475
is with g++4.9.

> If people won't get 4.9 unless they explicitly install it, it's better
> to make it clearer in the Wiki page too (there is a reference to default
> compilers now, but I'd like to check this with you before editing).
okay, then, if it is not clear, then please edit it to make it clearer.

On Wednesday, 27 August 2014 5:26 PM, Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:

On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 09:11:31 +0200
Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:

> Amali Praveena Soban Kumar wrote:
> > I've updated https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step
>
> Thanks, looks good. I've updated it with information on the already
> integrated patch.
>
> Just a question: my Ubuntu 14.04 test machine has gcc 4.8 by default
> $ gcc --version
> gcc (Ubuntu 4.8.2-19ubuntu1) 4.8.2
>
> so I didn't downgrade 4.9 to 4.8: I've always been on 4.8. Did you have
> issues with 4.9 because you had explicitly upgraded to 4.9? Even after
> updating all packages I'm still on 4.8.
>
> If people won't get 4.9 unless they explicitly install it, it's better
> to make it clearer in the Wiki page too (there is a reference to default
> compilers now, but I'd like to check this with you before editing).
>
> Regards,
>    Andrea.

I run on a fully (auto) upgraded Xubuntu 14.04 and have just checked the installed version
of gcc. Exactly the same as yours, Andrea (4.8.2-19)

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>