openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From mirw...@comcast.net
Subject Reportingproblems
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2014 13:37:00 GMT
Today, I tried to access the forums, to find a solution to a problem with OO Writer, which
I had reported before.  I got an error message saying my combination of name and password
was unrecognized. I tried the other combination and got the same result.  I thought that maybe
the system had forgotten my registration, and tried to reregister, and was told that my email
address was in use.  It is, by me.
  When I tried to contact you, I noticed that my browser was flickering, and creating endless
numbers of new tabs.  When I finally stopped it, over 420 tabs were created.  I tried reopening
the browser and again tried to contact, and this time I was quicker, only about 180 tabs were
created before I shut it down.  I restarted the browser again, and discovered that all those
tabs were labeled 'about blank'.  I managed to delete the tabs individually, and was left
with my original tab list.

I would like the following:
   Fix my registration, using my email address mirwind@comcast.net, my screen name as dungeoneer,
and my password as bluedragon.

  Explain to me why, when I am using OO Writer, and paste a .jpg from elsewhere on my computer
into the file, the 'paste special' command is then grayed out, and can only be returned by
closing the file and reopening it.  This is only a recent 'feature', appearing sometime during
the last 6 months or so.  When I originally posted this problem, I had noticed that several
other people had mentioned a similar problem, but none had mentioned the unsatisfactory solution
I had found.