openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building OpenOffice on illumos with gcc
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2014 06:43:50 GMT
On 05/08/2014 Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 05, 2014 at 10:45:03AM +0400, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>> On 08/01/2014 19:27, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>>> I've just integrated OpenOffice component into OpenIndiana /hipster
>>> illumos distribution. I'd like to share some patches and to ask if they
>>> could be converted to bug reports, feature requests and which of them
>>> can be integrated.
>> Could someone comment this?
> You can report the bugs in Bugzilla https://issues.apache.org/ooo/
> attaching the patches in each bug.

This is indeed the recommended way to contribute code. Apostolos, who
did the initial work, already stated in this thread that we are allowed
to use his work under the Apache license (the OpenOffice license terms),
so there are no other concerns.

Alexander, thanks a lot for your work, and if you provide some basic
information for an entry in http://www.openoffice.org/porting/ we can
surely add it to that page. Even better, we can gradually integrate your
work so that it's not even a "port" any longer!

Please make sure to "tag" issues appropriately, like prepending their
title with [ILLUMOS], so that we can easily see the global picture while
integrating them.

Regards,
   Andrea.