openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build error in Ubuntu Linux 14.04 - bugzilla issue 124712
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2014 07:31:20 GMT
On 06/08/14 06:54, Amali Praveena Soban Kumar wrote:
> Hi dev,
> I've just found a workaround to build svl. Doing a partial build of svl says,'svl module
loaded.' I think it works.
> Going to do a full build as well. After this, i'll update the issue with the details.
> Thanks,
> Amali.

interesting, I still have no 14.4 system in place for testing but it
sounds like a dependency problem. Or linking in the wrong order
whatever. We had already such strange problems before sometimes and they
are always tricky to find.

Thanks for sharing your observation

Juergen

> On Tuesday, 5 August 2014 2:59 PM, Amali Praveena Soban Kumar <samalipraveena@yahoo.com.au>
wrote:

> This CXXFLAGS= -fuse-cxa-atexit is not working, either. This is what i'm doing:
> the link error is in svl component.
> After exporting these flags, i'm running ./configure script, ./bootstrap, source LinuxX86-64Env.Set.sh
> cd instsetoo_native
> build --all
> The same build error in svl. i tried to make clean and partial build svl, but still getting
the same link error.
> Do i have to do a clean build everytime i change the flagsl? I'm thinking of doing clean
build just to check whether these flags are working

> On Monday, 4 August 2014 7:58 PM, Amali Praveena Soban Kumar <samalipraveena@yahoo.com.au>
wrote:

> Hi dev,
> Actually, I'm trying to fix a build issue in Ubuntu Linux 14.04. For information about
the issue, please refer to bugzilla issue no 124712.
> I'm stuck and don't know how to proceed. If you have any information, please let me know.
> Though I can see them set in config.log, why aren't the following flags working?
> export LIBS = -lc_nonshared.a -lc
> export LDFLAGS = -static -lc_nonshared.a -lc
> libc_nonshared.a is trying to find a symbol __cxa_atexit which is defined in libc.a;
so I'm trying to link libc.a as well as it looks like the make files aren't linking with libc.a
at all.