openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Pyhalov <...@rsu.ru>
Subject Re: Building OpenOffice on illumos with gcc
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2014 07:36:20 GMT
On 08/06/2014 11:09, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:

>> This is indeed the recommended way to contribute code. Apostolos, who
>> did the initial work, already stated in this thread that we are allowed
>> to use his work under the Apache license (the OpenOffice license terms),
>> so there are no other concerns.
>>
>> Alexander, thanks a lot for your work, and if you provide some basic
>> information for an entry in http://www.openoffice.org/porting/ we can
>> surely add it to that page. Even better, we can gradually integrate your
>> work so that it's not even a "port" any longer!

I don't know what information is needed. OpenIndiana /hipster illumos
distribution uses oi-userland build system to package software.
OpenOffice build files can be found here
https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/tree/oi/hipster/components/openoffice/openoffice

Users of our distribution can just use system package manager to install
pkg://openindiana.org/desktop/office/openoffice package.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,