openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Gress <pgr...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Building OpenOffice on illumos with gcc
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2014 22:42:51 GMT
On 08/ 6/14 02:01 AM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> On 08/06/2014 02:37, Paul Gress wrote:
>>>
>>> Could someone comment this?
>>>

>> Hi Alexander,
>>
>> I use Solaris 11.2.  Is there a way to package this to install on 11.2?
>> Maybe tarred?
>
> http://buildzone.oi-build.r61.net/openoffice.tar.gz
>
> I'm not sure it will work on Solaris 11 as is.

Success, see below images.  It appears to be functioning correctly as you can see there are
no startup errors.  Although I did notice one small nagging thing, the spell checker still
doesn't work, as it stopped working also in 3.4.  The last version it worked was in 3.3 compiled
previously by Sun.  Some people mentioned about Java labeling.

Anyway, I'm going to place it into the /opt directory properly and use it.  I'll report if
there are any other problems.

Thanks!!!

Paul

Openoffice_4.1