openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: Funds for speaker to Central America Free Software event
Date Sat, 09 Aug 2014 20:36:19 GMT
On 02/08/2014 Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> Hello, the ECSL (Central American Free Software Summit) send me an
> invitation to give a keynote at their event.

Do you have any additional information about the event? Search engines
led me to http://ecsl2013.softwarelibre.ca/ so I tried manually changing
it to 2014 but it's clearly not a final website, like
http://ecsl2014.softwarelibre.ca/noticias/ contains only Lorem Ipsum and
broken blocks.

It would also be very important to see:
1) How the event would benefit the Apache Software Foundation
2) How the event would benefit Apache OpenOffice

> The organizers asked me if there is a way Apache can cover partially
> the travel or boarding expenses.
> We have talked about this before on the list, but it seems no straight
> process is defined at the moment so I am also unsure about what
> support is expected from the foundation. Or what is needed at the
> moment.

We have a fund for OpenOffice events, normally reserved for events where
OpenOffice has a high visibility (such as: a day-long devroom at FOSDEM,
even though none of us ever received reimbursement for it) or where a
presence of OpenOffice can be useful (in this case, we normally finance
merchandising: this happened for OSCON recently... well, Kay did not ask
for reimbursement yet, but this would be reimbursed!).

There is also the Apache-wide TAC http://www.apache.org/travel/ but
honestly I cannot recommend it in this case, it is a complex application
procedure and only for a few selected events, usually official Apache
events.

Regards,
   Andrea.