openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: final preparation for AOO 4.1.1
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2014 18:43:16 GMT
On 19/08/2014 J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
>>> Things to do:

No Release Notes? Not even a short text like

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0.1+Release+Notes
?

(URL is from my cache, CWiki is down as part of the scheduled
maintenance, that actually affects a lot of sites, not only the Forum).

> I informed infra about our upcoming release and got the reminder to take
> care of the 4.1.0 related checksum files etc.
>      from : www.apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.1.0/...
>      to   : archive.apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.1.0/...

We already point to archive for the checksums and signatures. We don't
point to dist for the binaries. So the main site is OK.

The project page http://openoffice.apache.org/downloads.html was still
using links to dist, that are now replaced with links to archive (and,
for the future, I would recommend to use archive directly here for most
files: files go to the archive a the day after they are copied to dist,
and traffic is not an issue, we are talking about files that are shorter
than their filename).

>    ... preferably using https://archive.apache.org/ ;
>        note the 's' in 'https'.

Done in the whole page (i.e., for older releases too).

Regards,
   Andrea.