openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice MWiki and CWiki: scheduled maintenance
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2014 07:31:20 GMT
Hi,

On 22.08.2014 09:17, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
>> On 21.08.2014 17:04, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>> It is unfortunate that this happens on the OpenOffice release day
>> I hope that next time at least the PMC chairs are informed a couple of
>> days in front of such events in order to allow the projects to plan
>> their releases.

> archived, as far as I know, but still allows all committers to
> subscribe, see http://www.apache.org/dev/infra-mail.html ; and several
> of us are indeed subscribed) was notified 6 hours in advance.
>
> Normally they try to give indeed a couple days' notice. Our release was
> already published when they scheduled this maintenance window. But
> fortunately the RAM updates were quick and smooth, so disruption was
> probably minimal.

Yes, I have seen this message afterwards and I can understand that Infra
does not inform all the projects which are affected. But, in my opinion
Infra should had informed at least the PMC chairs directly, because
nobody can expect that a project first searches the ASF Infra mailing
lists for relevant information. I felt more worse than Arthur Dent when
I got notice about this scheduled outage regarding our release.

Best regards, Oliver.