openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: final preparation for AOO 4.1.1
Date Sat, 23 Aug 2014 08:23:50 GMT
On 19/08/2014 J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> 5. prepare the social media channels for the release
> ??

I see announcements on Twitter, Identi.ca and Facebook:
https://twitter.com/ApacheOO/status/502579788671123456
https://identi.ca/apacheoo/note/cG-0SeosTA2olA8eb_nHfA
https://www.facebook.com/ApacheOO

So we should be done with this too.

> 6. additional blog entry
> ??

I copied your announcement mail to
https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/announcing_apache_openoffice_4_1
since at least we should announce releases on our official blog.

I also updated the selected blog posts on the homepage accordingly.

> 8. what else?

We need a much better planning. We are still fixing issues due to a
release that simply lacked coordination. This will always happen, but
again if we committed to following something like
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Release+Planning+Template
(even in a simplified form) it would be easier to avoid forgetting steps.

Regards,
   Andrea.