openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: user mailing lists and forums
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2014 21:23:07 GMT
On 21/08/2014 Mathias Röllig wrote:
> I suggest that https://forum.openoffice.org/ should be extended with the
> user mailing lists (only user! no dev/qa/…!) to have the supporting ways
> in one place for near all languages.
> Language (ID) - User Forum - User Mailing List

To avoid too many requests from unsubscribed senders, we shouldn't
simply list all mailing lists.

But it makes sense to give some more visibility to the current "mailing
lists" link (the envelope, on the right column) and to add a link to
http://openoffice.apache.org/native-lang.html ; the idea behind using
icons was probably to avoid to display English text, but all linked
pages are in English anyway... If you have any suggestions on how to
arrange it (with these two "indirect" links, to the pages describing
English and N-L lists) we can take a look.

Regards,
   Andrea.