openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ASF banner ads
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2014 21:12:04 GMT
On 31/07/2014 Rob Weir wrote:
> Noticed this:
> http://www.apache.org/ads/
> It is a directory of banners that can be added to the website to
> promote ASF-wide things like ApacheCon.

With ApacheCon EU now approaching, we could definitely use it.

> Details are here:   http://www.apache.org/ads/adserver.txt
> What do we think?  Would it make sense to add this to the home page?
> If so, where?

The home page is already quite cluttered. But this could fit in the
footer. We currently have a 203x61 feather on the right hand side in the
footer. The logo Apache provides for ApacheCon would be 234x60, so quite
similarly sized. We could accommodate it in the footer, to the left.

And maybe it's indeed worth adding the code for the iframe inclusion and
let the people responsible for ApacheCon within Apache update the logo
automatically.

I'm also OK with Juergen's suggestion to put it at the top, but I cannot
find a way for it to fit nicely (and the image itself already looks
ugly, since it is resized in a bad way).

Regards,
   Andrea.