openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: About building in WIndows 7
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2014 10:49:19 GMT
Hi,

On 26.08.2014 16:59, Hung Mark wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to setup  a building environment in Windows 7  following steps here:
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step

Please take the first sentence in the Windows section serious:
<quote>
Complete requirements found at ...
</quote>

> I have several question here:
> 1. Do both 32bit and 64bit windows 7 work?

Yes.

> 2. It specifies cygwin 32bit specifically. Does it work to mix them up?

Once I tried cygwin 64bit under a Windows 7 64bit and the AOO build did
not work.
As AOO is a 32bit application under all Windows platforms I think it
makes sense to have an 32bit build environment under Windows.

> 3. Which NSIS version should be used?

On [1] a specific NSIS version is mentioned - this one should work.
I do not know. if a newer version is available and also works.

> 4. Can I use dbghelp.dll from Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET
> Framework 3.5. SP1  ?

I assume that this should work, if it is the 32bit version.

> I don't have much experience building code in Windows. I'm working in a 64
> bit environment.
> Please advice which combination would be easier.

I hope that my answers help you.
Do not hesitate to ask further questions and/or to change the wiki.

[1]
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Building_on_Windows

Best regards, Oliver.