openoffice-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: languages mixed up
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2014 16:04:25 GMT
On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 8:23 AM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org>
wrote:

> Philipp Gärtner wrote:
>
>> Tanks for your service. I just found some little bug.
>> The Languages for downloading open office for windows are not correct
>> here:
>> http://www.openoffice.org/de/downloads/index.html
>> Ich chose German but was forwarded to finish language pack on source forge
>> I found de german install package by choosing Hindi :)
>>
>
> Broken in http://www.openoffice.org/it/download/ too.
>
> We should include "unbreak NL download links" in the Release Plan, it
> always happens...
>

The German ones are fixed. This problem  is due tocustomization maintenance.

There are 3 arrays in the msg_prop_l10_xx.js

l10n.dl_green_box_select_box_os_values        = [ "" ];

l10n.dl_green_box_select_box_language_values    = [ "" ];

l10n.dl_green_box_select_box_version_values    = [ "" ];

Set them up as above and they will take values from the main download area
(in English). If this is not objectionable, most native lang maintainers
would not need to deal with this problem again. The problem sites have
customized entries for these which are not ijving with the current release.


> I suspect the offset is wrong due to arrays that expect to see languages
> in the same position (and due to the insertion of the new languages).
>

yes...basically. Leaving the above arrays fully customized would require
local site maintainers to add to the arrays ahead of time.


>
> But with the site buildbot broken


??? From my location, it seems fine. I just used it.

At this point, I can "fix" some of these today the same way I did for "de".
I commented out what was there and added the empty arrays. No guarantees
all will be taken care of today.


> and Infra busy with server upgrades today this cannot be fixed at the
> moment. I suspect that editing
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/
> content/it/download/msg_prop_l10n_it.js?view=markup
> and adding "Catalan", "Valencian AVL", "Valencian RACV" between Bulgarian
> and Chinese (line 48) will fix it. Same for other NL websites.
>

You need a version change as well if you're using  your own for that -- or
else make empty as above.


>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@openoffice.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@openoffice.apache.org
>
>


-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MzK

"For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing."
                                                  -- Simon Wiesenthal

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message