openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Ongoing OOXML development and "implementation defined" items.
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2014 15:42:18 GMT
Hi.

Based on the information from dennis/peter, I think it would be highly
interesting to know:

1) How are the "implementation defined" items implemented, is the intention
to forward a list to dev@ and ask for opinions (of course in a style so an
opinion is possible to give) ?

2) How will the "implementation defined" items, be documented, they are
likely to change over time, to its problaly a poing where maintenance is
needed, and thus a higher demand on documentation ?

3) Will the OOXML implementation allow round-trip of our documents without
loss of information ?

unlike the sidebar development, this develoment seems closed, I expect
there are good reasons for it, but items where many can have an opinion
(format conversion being a typical example) would be nice to discuss.

thanks in advance.
rgds
jan I