openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From <sch...@shaw.ca>
Subject I downloaded open office and now I can't open any old files.
Date Sat, 30 Aug 2014 07:14:26 GMT
mailto:dev-...@openoffice.appache.org

Help please:
I have two serious problems:

1.  I downloaded Apache Open Office and now I can’t open any of my files.  They ball are
locked.

2.  Earlier today I downloaded an article called Mozilla support and Firefox.  It explains
the basic set up but I don’t understand anything.

It says
1.  Open a tab with the webpage you want to use and your home page button.
2. Drag and drop that tab onto the home page button.
There are 8 pages that might as well be Greek.
I don’t understand a word.
I am an educated woman and I HAVE USED A COMPUTER FOR 20 years, but my literacy in these things
is nil.

I have a scholarly manuscript ready for publishing, an now I can’t open even one page of
it and there are 24 chapters.
I am poor and can’t afford a technician.
I haven’t got time to mess around and wait.

Myrtle

Ph 604-785-6390  schmac@shaw.ca