openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <and...@pitonyak.org>
Subject Re: Link to oooforum
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2014 14:31:04 GMT

I am looking at iMacro, thanks for the suggestion. My initial attempts
this morning have failed because it seems to want a concrete starting
URL. So, when I recorded a script to delete the currently displayed
spam, what it really recorded was "navigate to the current URL", now do
what you want. Looks like I can probably set the search URL, try to
scrape all of the results, and then I can probably use those results to
navigate to each found SPAM message and delete it. That would at least
allow me to remove a chunk at a time. If that works, then I can expand
the macro. I suppose that a first step would be search, remove the first
found. I could then "rinse and repeat" but it would be much faster to
scrape all results first. It can take up to 60 seconds to delete a
single spam (because the forum can run slow).

Do you think that I would have better luck automating with greasemonkey?
I suppose that would be a reason to learn JavaScript. I mean, I have
used JavaScript, but I would not say that I know Java Script. I know
many languages, and when you know a bunch of languages already, and you
need to simply make a change to existing code with a mostly standard
syntax (ie, it is not something odd ball like APL), it does not take
much to make minor bug fixes.