openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Is there a need for such a bug report related to a LO created odt-file?
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2014 18:54:57 GMT
Hi Rony,

Rony G. Flatscher (Apache) schrieb:
> Hi there,
>
> received a LO document (created with LibreOffice 4.2.4.2 on Ubuntu) which causes AOO
4.1.1 to abend.
> LO has the reference manager plugin (mendeley) installed and usually stores the file
as a flat
> document (for subversion) and saved it as an odt for the purpose of sending me the document.
Upon
> opening the document in AOO the loading process seems to hang in the first fourth (progress
bar) for
> quite some time, before silently quitting. (This is AOO 4.1.1 on Windows XP.)
>
> The sender then sent me a doc-rendering which I could read into AOO.
>
> Now, I would be able to supply that document (and the doc rendering) as an attachment
to a bug
> report, if that is of any help. Or shall I ask that user to open a bug report on the
LO side?

An application should never crash and should not quit without a message
to the user. That has to be fixed in Apache OpenOffice. So please write
a bug report and attach the .odt document as LibreOffice has produced it
and the .fodt file too.

The person, who sends it to you, should try to save the file not in "1.2
Extended (recommended)" but in "1.2 Extended (compat mode)" or in "1.2"
or even in "1.0/1.1". Then you will likely be able to open it without
problems. Hi finds the saving format in Tools > Options > Load/Save >
General.

Kind regards
Regina