openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Concerns about the AOO community
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2014 20:41:19 GMT
Rob Weir wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 4, 2014 at 10:58 AM, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:
>> Independent of the number of mails, It is a fact that this list, even
>> though called dev@, contains nearly no development discussions nor does
> Hi Jan,  are you having problems with your list subscription?  You
> might want to check the list archives to see if you missed posts.

Sorry for stepping in, but discussions like this won't get us anywhere.

I think I see the point each of you makes.

One problem is that this list, by Apache policy, hosts all technical
discussions and all project management discussion, as well as random
discussions like this one where people tend to participate more often
and in a more noisy way. So, we do have technical discussions here, but
most of the messages (not of the threads) are non-technical. We could
open a code@ list, but this would not be in line with the procedures
commonly adopted at Apache.

And a second problem is that future strategies or plans are not
discussed here. For example, I thought that Andre's messages about the
new OOXML framework would then be followed by regular updates, like it
happened for the Sidebar, where at the end more than 100 people were
involved in bug reporting and testing. This didn't happen and indeed
this should happen more often, simply as a way to keep everybody in the
loop.

Regards,
   Andrea.