openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: Concerns about the AOO community
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2014 01:20:56 GMT
On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 6:57 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:

> On 02/10/2014 Alexandro Colorado wrote:
>
>> Since Bruce is a prominent writer for Linux Magazine I think is worth
>> to educate him on these matters
>>

> To answer the first false fact he mentions,
> "why has it been so quiet in the last few weeks on the mailing lists? Not
> long ago, even a day without messages from the list was unheard-of."
> I can definitely confirm that this is wrong, this list receives several
> dozens messages per day as usual and it is quite impossible not to notice
> that.

​I have been wondering this myself, I have been on the list for quite a
while (3 years) and I have notice that the dev mails have been more
sporadically. At first I thought it was my email address that was bumped
from the list. Going to markmail I do see that last month was the lowest
month of traffic at 468 emails the whole month.

http://markmail.org/search/+list:org.apache.incubator.ooo-dev

​I am sure there are reasons like, not really a release period or a QA
period and most of the traffic was mostly on improving the website.

Anyway feel free to join in the conversation on G+ mainly because of the
effect it can have on high traffic publications like Linux Magazine.