openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Reporting broken download link
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2014 18:35:38 GMT
Am 11/04/2014 04:23 PM, schrieb Ken Lucas:
> When I click on any of the three drop-down boxes the text is not
> visible, so I do not know what I’m selecting. I have tried accessing the
> download page from windows XP and windows 7, using both Internet
> Explorer and Google Chrome browsers. I get the same result no matter
> which one I use.

Thats interesting. When browsing to the download webpage I can see all
data. Unfortunately, I don't know a solution for this problem - except
that deleting cookies for Apache webpages and deleting the browser cache
could help.

> I was able to download the application by selecting download full
> installation. It seems like the default value are for windows.

The website analyzes the data that the browser sends when visiting the
webpage. As you are using Windows and (maybe) English US, this data is
pre-selected (also the most recent version), so that the both download
links are always working.

Marcus