openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Website] System requirements
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 17:48:05 GMT
On 05/11/2014 FR web forum wrote:
> http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/sys_reqs_aoo41.html
> Should we update this page?
> XP is end-of-life since april
> "256 Mbytes RAM (512 MB RAM recommended)" seems to be outdated also

These are supposed to be the minimal system requirements. Sure, most
people will run OpenOffice on a newer Windows version and with much more
RAM than that (and the same for Linux: most users will run it on a much
newer kernel).

But if OpenOffice runs on Windows XP and with 256 MBytes of RAM then
this should be the information listed there. no matter what the
Microsoft policy is.

I wonder though whether we should update the "recommended" RAM
requirements. Have there been any reasons/assumptions in recent version
that would justify a higher "recommended" value, like 1 GByte or more?

Regards,
   Andrea.