openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatsc...@wu.ac.at>
Subject Re: OpenOffice folks: ApacheCon template?
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2014 18:23:23 GMT

On 24.10.2014 21:49, Rich Bowen wrote:

> On 10/24/2014 03:36 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> On 24/10/2014 Rich Bowen wrote:
>>> One more try - can any of you fine OpenOffice folks whip up a slide
>>> template for ApacheCon EU, like was done for Denver?
>>
>> Let's forward this to the OpenOffice dev list too (in CC) and see if it is a yes!
Volunteers?
>> Templates to be refreshed are here:
>>
>> http://templates.openoffice.org/en/search?search_api_views_fulltext=apachecon&sort_by=created&sort_order=ASC
>>

>> ApacheCon EU is in Budapest, Hungary, in case someone doesn't know (old templates
often used the
>> country colors, but this is not a must).
>
> Awesome.
>
> The image on the website is white on a transparent background, which poses difficulties.
:-) Feel
> free to tweak that if you need to.

Just received an e-mail pointing to the ApacheCon EU template at
<http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-europe/program/speaker-guide.>,
which is a
breathtaking 18 (eighteen) MB file! My AOO crashes constantly on that presentation "template"
on my
old Windows XP machine due to the size.

Obviously, someone who has no clues what s/he does used incredible sizes for some of the
(background) pictures creating such an abmysal presntation.

This is what one could do to resolve the issue:

  * unzip "ApacheEU_PPT_v2_ac.odp", switch into the "Pictures" subdirectory and load the two
huge
    png-files that stand-out in that directory and resize them e.g. to 1024x768 pixel (fine
result,
    1/10th of the size, size could be reduced even further).
  * zip all the files and subdirectory to a new "ApacheEU_PPT_v2_ac_sane.odp" file.

In my case I could reduce the size to two MB and AOO is happily processing it.

Though the design is extremely dark, so I wonder whether it would be o.k. to use one owns
template/design (carrying the AOO logo and the Apache feather)?

---rony