openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Admin rights to Pootle
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 07:44:36 GMT

On 13/11/2014 20:45, Michal Hriň wrote:

> Dňa 13.11.2014 o 19:50 jan i napísal(a):
>> On 13 November 2014 18:43, Michal Hriň <hrin@apache.org> wrote:
>>

>>> Dňa 13.11.2014 o 18:23 jan i napísal(a):

>>> OK. I'm asking because I think that Andrea is only one person, who
>>> creates
>>> Pootle accounts for new volunteers, and I'm not sure if volunteers
>>> comes
>>> back if they don't have created account immediately.
>>

>> If they could not work, they would not come back, but please remember
>> they
>> can work without an account....we only use the account for 2 reasons
>> 1) We can see who do what, and once a person has done a fair bit of
>> work,
>> the project might consider inviting that person as committer.
>> 2) guests makes proposals, that will be reviewed by persons who have an
>> account.
>>

> Imagine a situation that there is only one person per language (and
> that 's the reality) so we give to person advice to make sugestions.
> Person made sugestions, and now imagine after week , person have to
> submit sugestions one-by-one (there is no submit all I think). So it
> is doubled work for person.
>
> Or I may give advice to person to translate offline then upload files
> back to Pootle one-by-one or somewhere to cloud. But I'm user that
> don't want to install tools for translations to my computer, so I want
> account to avoid doubled work.
>
> I'm on end, do what you have to do.

I think you misunderstood my mail. The above was what I prefer, but the
AOO project handles it differently. The AOO project admins create
accounts when requested, but of course they are not online 24hours a
day, therefore account creation can take a couple of days. I have no
problem with that.

But just for reference there are no double work....the suggestion is
accepted (just as users with account should have their translations
reviewed, this is the normal committer process).

Look at the mailing list, 2 accounts was just created within 24hours.

You ask to become admin, and that is different.

rgds
jan i.