openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: html code generated from Open Office
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 05:21:09 GMT
You need to download and read the OASIS ODF Specification.  Since you are interested specifically
in Writer, you might as well start with ODF 1.1 (a single document).  You can get all of the
bits at
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.1/OS/.

The ODT file is a Zip file that has multiple parts of the document as XML files within the
Zip.

You can see such a file by renaming it.  E.g., rename test.odt to test.odt.zip and open it
as a Zip.  Then rename it back.

The specification for OpenOffice 1.0 XML format does not apply to any version of OpenOffice
since ODF was adopted and implemented.

Also, the special Office Writer Web format is not singled out in the ODF specification.  What
I suggest you do is make test documents and save them as HTML Document (OpenOffice Writer)
and see what is produced.  Also, open such a document in Writer to see how it comes up.

The latest specification is ODF 1.2.  It is much larger and only Part 1 and Part 3 apply to
Writer.  (Part 2 is all about spreadsheet formulas.)

You also might want to take a look at the new Corinthia project which is interested in document
conversions using HTML as an intermediary.

-   Dennis