openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Nominations for a new PMC Chair
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2015 12:37:20 GMT
On 02/01/2015 Michal Hriƈ wrote:
> So here I chose some people, to make this election easier.

This is indeed the aim of this phase (until 10 January): nominating
people and knowing if they are available for election. The actual vote
will happen later. All people named so far would be good candidates, as
well as a few others who haven't been mentioned yet.

I'm nominating Jan Iversen (jani). Reasons:
- He is active in both OpenOffice and Apache, and thus he can be a
perfect interface between OpenOffice and the Foundation at large
- He is energetic, visionary and pragmatic
- He is a committer in many key projects of the Foundation
http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html#jani including
Infrastructure and Corinthia that are connected to OpenOffice in some way
- He regularly attends and organizes conferences and events
- He is a Member of the Foundation

Technically, Jan is an emeritus OpenOffice PMC member but as I explained
this is not an issue: the vote for electing the new Chair can take care
of this detail (i.e., moving him from emeritus to active) too.

Regards,
   Andrea.