openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: html code generated from Open Office
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 08:23:25 GMT
On 06/01/2015 Howard Morris (aka Col Boogie) wrote:
> The reason I joined Open Office was to enhance the html code generated
> from writer.

Good! There a number of valid points in your ZIP file. There are also
several possible ways to produce HTML from within OpenOffice, which do
different things, so you should specify what operation you are going to
improve (I assume that you are using, in Writer, File - Save As - HTML;
but File - Export gives you a different one if you installed it in your
system).

> I would have liked to have done this directly, but when I asked how to
> get there, I was directed to a site where I could download all the
> modules one by one, and there seemed to be hundreds of them

The source code is indeed quite big and monolithic, but you could simply
hack the conversion files. See
https://archive.fosdem.org/2014/schedule/event/improving_the_xhtml_export_filter/
for more (note: video is from a test, it's not even me in the video; use
the slides). And please come back with any doubts. We can probably reuse
the concepts from your ZIP file, but they must be adapted.

Regards,
   Andrea.