openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Voting if More Than One Accepted Nomination for a new PMC Chair
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 17:52:18 GMT
On 07/01/2015 Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> Can you explain "STV" please.  (What do the letters mean?)

Single Transferable Vote. To our purposes, in our very simple election,
this is a single-turn replacement for the mechanism I originally
proposed (i.e., remove the least voted candidate at each round).

> Are folks required to rank all of the candidates in their ballots?

No.

Seen from a voter's perspective this means: choose the subset of
candidates that are acceptable to you, then rank them. If you only like
one candidate, you obviously write his/her name only; if you like more
than one, list the ones you like in order of preference, starting with
the one you like most.

Regards,
   Andrea.