openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Nominations for a new PMC Chair
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 20:40:45 GMT
Am 01/06/2015 07:33 PM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
> On 01/01/2015 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> Let's take several days, until 10 January, to receive nominations (or
>> self-nominations) for the next PMC Chair. Just reply to this e-mail with
>> nominations.
>
> 1) Whether he/she is available to run for election; the term is not set,
> but I expect an availability to stay in the role for at least one year.
>
> 2) Where his/her efforts will primarily be directed.
>
> 3) Regardless of whether one is running or not (and regardless of
> whether one is elected or not), it might be that some of the candidates
> wish to take responsibility for a certain area. This can be very good,
> since the project is huge and the Chair might miss some details. For
> example, Hagar often updates the draft quarterly report with information
> about the Forum (figures, issues...). If the Chair knows that someone
> commits to follow a certain area closely and to help in reporting, then
> reporting becomes a team work and can be much better than what we have
> done so far.
>
> The 6 nominees so far are, in alphabetical order:
> - jani Jan Iversen
> - jsc J├╝rgen Schmidt
> - kschenk Kay Schenk
> - louis Louis Suarez-Potts
> - marcus Marcus Lange
> - robweir Rob Weir
>
> I'm hereby asking each of them (and any future nominees) to provide
> their statement by 10 January; those who already sent their statement
> are free to expand upon it according to the above guidelines if they wish.

thanks a lot for your trust in me (especially @Michal for his initial
suggestion). However, I don't feel to be the right person. Even when
it's not that much work (in theory ;-) ) that the chair has to do, I
cannot gurantee to have it when it is needed.

I have to work for my money and therefore I can only spend my spare time
in the evening and weekend - and even then not always. I don't want that
you have to wait for me to get the chair work done.

Of course, you can say "don't worry, just try it". But to resign after 3
months because it's really not working and then voting again for someone
new would be IMHO a wrong message to the world.

Thanks

Marcus